Sunday 15 July 2012

My favorite song

After being reminded of my long lost favourite song by a good friend, I have spent a total of 3 hours listening to it on repeat. I love this song. I love it so much I'm switching text colour. I love everything about this song, and how no matter what situation I'm in, happy or sad, it seems to somehow fit.


Prince is a freakin' legend.




If you disagree you are wrong. If you use the words: 'my, opinion, taste or objective' in argument with me when I call you a"fucking moron" for not agreeing in the first place, you are a bigger "fucking moron" than I previously thought (disclaimer: by reading this you agree the original statement is true, the repercussions of disagreeing with the statement are just and true, and that I own all your money, your house, your shoes, and your soul). If I could have one wish, it would be to rule the world (dressed a prince, I suppose, to tie things in) and I've already been told this was a great thought... unless I was lied to... you know who you are.

After listening to the moving, passionate, emotional rollercoaster of a ballad; Purple Rain for 3 hours, I thought to myself "Hey, Rich; you know you play guitar, you'd look great in a frilly shirt and mascara... why the heck don't you learn this song"... pst, here comes the rip off quote; so, like Lloyd Grossman and his sauces... I did (minus the shirt, it's in the wash).


Warning, before you click this link "You have to purify yourself in Lake Minnetonka."




Usually I'm fairly modest, but for a first attempt, and only 10 mins of transcribing and the rest pure improvisation; I'm pretty stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment